Link to the event! The built environment is responsible for c40% of global carbon emissions. Significant investment will be needed to decarbonise commercial buildings and make
The built environment is responsible for c40% of global carbon emissions. Significant investment will be needed to decarbonise commercial buildings and make real estate assets resilient to the physical impacts of climate change.
This event will provide an insight into the critical role that the commercial real estate sector plays in addressing climate change, highlighting some of the toughest challenges and exploring how meaningful progress can be accelerated through:
• Collective Commitment: Showcasing the Better Buildings Partnership Climate Commitment (covering over £370bn AUM), we’ll discuss how sector commitments can expedite action and investigate what is required to deliver on this ground-breaking commitment.
• Sustainable Finance: Focusing on the role of the finance sector in driving action, we’ll consider how financial instruments can be used to mobilise capital and scale-up investment in decarbonising commercial buildings and protecting them against climate risk.
• Collaborative Action: Emphasising the critical role that building occupiers play in driving demand, the event will bring owners and occupiers face to face to align their climate change ambitions.
Culminating in a panel discussion focused on urgent near term action, the event will bring together senior leaders from the real estate industry alongside investors and occupiers of commercial real estate assets to inspire cross-sectoral action on climate change.
• Neil Slater, Global Head of Real Assets, Abrdn
• Sarah Ratcliffe, CEO, Better Buildings Partnership
• Caroline Hill, Managing Director, Europe Head of Real Estate ESG, Blackstone
• Sam McClary, Editor, Estates Gazette
• Janine Cole, Social Impact & Sustainability Director, Great Portland Estates
• Miles Keeping, Chair, Green Property Alliance
• Stephanie Hyde, CEO, JLL UK
• Shuen Chan, Head of ESG, Real Assets, Legal & General Investment Management
• Bek Seeley, Managing Director, Development, Europe, Lendlease
• Michael Neal, European CIO, Nuveen
• Paul Dunne, MD Group Ops, SEGRO
Supported by The British Property Federation.
(четврток) 09:30 - 11:00